Search This Blog

Sunday 27 March 2011

Two Days of fame

3 pints KF, a heavy heart, a hot head and cool wind gusting past the bike at midnight. That's when thoughts took the shape of words and it took another 2 hours to pen them down. Maybe that's why the article struck the right chords cutting through age groups and professions. 
However the way it spread left me awestruck. Who would have thought of associating with  it the name of perhaps one of the best cricket columnist and commentators of our times. I still haven't figured that out but whatever was the thought process of that person, it actually worked in my favor. The day i posted it on the bulletin board of my office, i received fair bit of compliments and i was content with it. However, the next day i saw the same thing being circulated in Harsha's name through forwards. I was furious to say the least. The whole day my mailbox and IM was flooded with people congratulating me while some were still not ready to accept that I wrote the piece! I barely did anything else in office that day other than replying to mails. By evening Harsha tweeted denying the association with the article. It created ripples across the bulletin board and my mailbox sort of crashed!! But I couldn't thank enough my colleagues and friends who took it upon themselves to start replying to forwards, posting on the blogs on which it had already spread and tweeting, giving me the credits.  
But things have a way to spread on the web and its beyond anybody's control. it was everywhere on the web. People called up to tell me that its spreading on facebook like wild fire. It was crazy.
Two days on and it kept spreading. Harsha had to tweet again. The mailbox crashed again. The forwards kept roaming again and the bloggers kept posting it again. In the midst of all this commotion I kept wondering was it really that good. One of the comments on some blog was - 
"Too much melodrama... Did Karan johar wrote this" !!! :) 
Well I don't know and never thought that way. Believe me, i have only read it twice. 
Nevertheless, those couple of days were magic. Finally i have started with my own blog. 

2 comments: